Sunday, 19 February 2012

TOUGH WEEK - 6 FEBRUARY 2012

Hey family! It's great to hear from you all. Sounds like everyone's doing great back home, and based on what you said in your letters, it's not even that cold and it's February! I got the money that everyone sent by the way, thank you so much!! I really appreciate it.

Dad! That's pretty awesome about Mitt Romney. You said he's been receiving some negative and positive news. What kinds of things are the people saying? I've heard a little bit about it hear from the members but we only know what the people tell us. I think it's great because the church is going to have more publicity. I think the gap is widening between the good and the bad in the world, and I think the work of the Lord is really going forth. This scripture is pretty awesome 

1 Nephi 14:7

7 For the time cometh, saith the Lamb of God, that I will worka great and a marvelous work among the children of men; a work which shall be everlasting, either on the one hand or on the other—either to the convincing of them unto peace and life eternal, or unto the deliverance of them to the hardness of their hearts and the blindness of their minds unto their being brought down into captivity, and also into destruction, both temporally and spiritually, according to the captivity of the devil, of which I have spoken.
That's awesome about Aries! He's so awesome. Send him my congratulations! And with Carlos and Lizette that's awesome too! I remember they were looking at how to stay in Canada, but how was that worked out for them? How is JoJo's family??  How goes the calling as young men's president? 

Mum! I got the picture of the plaque. It's awesome!! I love it. I remember how parent teacher conferences were always super weird because we just went, talked for like 5 minutes about nothing, and left. Haha I remember when you decided not to go to anymore of those either. I always loved going swimming for FHE. I remember we used to do it once every month I think. That's good that you and Dad had a fun time going out for dessert too. Where did you go? I don't remember who Mackenzie is but congratulations to Jason! That's awesome. That's hilarious about Izaac. It's funny how he does something only to show that he's angry and to get attention. There was a little kid here who did the same thing who purposely broke something of his mum and then kept on showing it to her to show that he was angry. Then he started throwing things like pillows at us at the table when we were eating. It was pretty funny. I like the talk of a Caribbean cruise! I think it's a great idea!! Hahaha that would be awesome, although talking about me having a wife by then is pretty weird. About the sunken cruise ship, I only heard about that from what Dad said last week. That's pretty ridiculous about the captain. He's done for.

Michael! Ya my companion's great. The ward too. You should work hard in Spanish! It's the best. Maybe you'll get called on a Spanish-speaking mission. Sounds like you've had a lot of fun with your friends too. That's awesome. That's cool about the gym membership too. Can you afford 67 bucks a month? That's a cool spiritual experience that you had. I always loved to do that too. The small and simple things  that we do to strengthen our relationship with God are the most important things. Also, congrats on the 96%!! That's awesome!! I'm super impressed!

Charly! That's nice about getting your normal teacher back. Some subs are cool, but some are just messed up! Nice work with your marks too by the way!! I'm really happy for you! Keep it up! That's good that you've had so much fun with your friends too. I really wanna try that teriyaki chicken caesar salad too! You'll have to make it for me one day. How is swimming class going? What movie did you watch at Tobynn's house?

Jakob! That's good that Sammy's doing better. I saw a dog who looked just like him the other day! Normally the dogs here are dirty and ugly so it was cool to see one like Sammy.That's pretty funny about your robotics teacher. How do you know he takes pictures of himself in the mirror? I remember we did something in Industrial Arts when we had to build a mask with lights inside and use a control thing to make the lights turn on and off as we guided the person through a maze. It was the coolest thing ever! That's cool about hobo stoves too, you'll have to teach me how to make them one day. Nice work with your report card too!! Keep it up ith the piano because it'll come in handy on your mission. I play the piano all the time! Hopefully you can play some songs that are a little bit more exciting for you.

Kenna! Haha no volcanoes have erupted, but a few people seem to be getting all suspicious of another earthquake soon. Hopefully it doesn't happen! A lot of people think that something bad is going to happen this year 2012. Some scientists think that something might happen soon. Sounds like you had fun at the family home evening and also with your friends! That's cool that Mary-Clare is your primary chorister! And now your assistant principal is sister Morrow! Now you have to behave yourself even more or she's gonna tell Mum and Dad!


Alrighty family! So first off, Edith still hasn't gotten baptized. We didn't see her all last week because she was in ConcepciĆ³n.  She knows she needs to get baptized but says because she's different, she can't make the decision. We've been praying and fasting for her to know how to help her. With Carola, the girlfriend of the less active, she's doing great. She had to work this past Sunday unfortunately. Hopefully she doesn't have to work anymore Sundays so that she can get baptized this month! Susana and Cony are doing well too, but Susana needs a little bit more motivation to get baptized.

This week was quite difficult. A lot of our appointments fell through, and a lot of people are out of town on vacations.We've been praying and studying to see how we can improve, because a lot of our second appointments with new investigators are falling through. Every day I realize more and more how much I have to learn and improve. I have a lot of things to develop in my own character and sometimes it's overwhelming to look at all the things we have to do as it says in Preach My Gospel. I'm praying a lot for help because I need to improve a lot. Sometimes it seems like all the things I have to implement are more than I am capable of doing, but as I was studying this morning about the Spirit, I learned that if I strive to have more of the Spirit I'm going to be able to do it. I just need to have faith and depend on the Lord.

Thank you so much for all your letters!! I know this is the work of the Lord and that He's here with me. I know that if I have faith in Him, His grace will help cover my weaknesses. I just want to work hard enough to qualify for His help. I know that this is Christ's church, and I know that I'm where I need to be. I love being a missionary!

¡Chao!

Elder Blomfield