Tuesday, 17 April 2012

CAMBIOS - LOOKS LIKE I'M GONNA BE A FATHER (TRAINER) - 16TH APRIL 2012

Thanks so much for your letters!! I love hearing the news from home every week.

Dad! That's really cool that Jason Sellars could go to church. I'm glad that all the young men were really welcoming and kind with him. That's so important! This week with an investigator who went to church we saw that. The members jumped were really welcoming and made her feel really comfortable. A lot of times that is what gives people an initial desire to go to church. It also helps the person to stay faithful after baptism. I do agree with what you said though, driving a Camaro as a 16-year-old is a crime. That's awesome it went well in your trip!! Are you planning on making more investments in that company? What kind of stuff are you learning about? Those pictures are pretty sweet. My friend PJ would always tell me about Texas and how awesome it was. I wanna visit. After all, I almost served a mission there! Love ya! Could you give me David's email?

Mum! Ya I've got on well with all my companions. Sometimes there have been some small difficulties, but overall, we've gotten on great. I've been really blessed with such awesome companions! Now I'm gonna have a new one! The weather has been pretty interesting. The people say it's been pretty weird. During the day it's been pretty hot, but at night and in the mornings it's pretty cold. There's been talk of earthquakes and stuff by a lot of people. There's lots of superstition and weird tv people making predictions apparently, and that on top of 2012 being the end of the world and the majority of people being Christians waiting the Second Coming can create some weird ideas. I'm glad you liked Texas!! I think it's funny I almost served there. I'm glad too that we have a great relationship too. I always loved staying up late and chatting. Love you!

Michael! Dude nice work with that scholarship!! I knew you were gonna get it. You're a genius. You're gonna have such a blast! Were your EFY friends from this year or before? Dude that Facebook quote was basically the funniest thing I've ever read. I burst out laughing here in the ciber. You're such a lady-killer Mike. It's so soon and you're gonna be in BYU! It's gonna be a blast. Soon enough, you're gonna receive your mission call too! When I got my mission call, I might say that was the greatest moment of my life up until that point, and it just keeps getting better.

Charly! I hope everything's going well at home! How's it been going for you in badminton? How's it going in school? In young womens? Are you excited for the Coldplay concert on Wednesday?

Jake! When are you going to Drum Heller? What are you gonna do there? I'm so excited for you! You get to go to the concert! That's sweet. I loved it when I went. I hope you kick trash in your tournament. I'm sure you will.

Alrighty! This week was a pretty good week. We had a couple days that weren't so hot as our appointments fell through, but it's been pretty good overall. We're still working in Ranguelmo, and we've already had some problems because of the Evangelical Pastors over there. We're teaching a fair amount of people in Ranguelmo, one of which named Eva. She was really receptive. Her husband is Evangelical. We taught her only twice in her home, and on the third visit she dropped us. Basically, in those 2 visits we made to her house, someone saw that they let us in, and told their Pastor. The Pastor then told her husband off for letting us in, and the husband got upset with her and we can't pass by anymore. Looks like we've got a fight ahaid of us over there. I thought we were gonna encounter some opposition, but I was thinking in make a few weeks more! No on our third time going there! It's ridiculous. The thing I do like about that, is that in Ranguelmo, I think it will be more easy to focus on the Restoration and on the Book of Mormon, because the people there already have a strong religious interest, and can come to know of the truthfulness of the restoration through the Book of Mormon. A problem we have sometimes is that we have to help construct that religious interest, and it's a little more difficult to base all of our teaching on the Book of Mormon, because people might first of all need to believe in God or take interest in learning about Him.

We had 5 people in Ranguelmo committed to go, but unfortunately, we ran out of money on our phone on Saturday, and the mission office was closed so we couldn't get more. Finally we figured out a way to call everyone, but nobody answered. It's going to be a struggle in Ranguelmo to get people to church because they have to get up earlier and travel to come to Coelemu. Also, it's hard to visit them a lot in the week because we can't just head over to visit one family and then come back to Coelemu - we have to dedicate a big chunk of time over there. Someone, by a miracle, did end up going from Coelemu, and the members were great in fellowshipping and helping her feel comfortable. My focus this week is going to be how to bring people to church.

So today we have cambios. We had tons of cambios in the zone. Every companionship is changing except for one. Elder Arancibia is headed to ConcepciĆ³n. He's pretty sad, and I'm gonna miss him. He's really cool and pretty dang funny. It's tough for him cause he's leaving his first sector. I feel like we learned a lot together, especifically about the importance of loving the investigators and everyone in general. I'm going to be training!!! I'm super excited about that!! Tomorrow morning I'm headed to ConcepciĆ³n to pick up my new companion, and I'll find out tomorrow who that is too. I'm stoked!! I'm excited to learn a ton myself, and to help another missionary learn too. We're gonna have more time to study and practice teaching, so it's gonna be pretty awesome. It's going to be an awesome cambio. I don't feel completely ready to train, cause I'm still pretty young, but I know the Lord will bless me if I try my best and trust in him.

I know this work is true. God is directing it, and I'm blessed enough to serve in it. I love being a missionary so much! Sometimes it's rough, but in the rough moments we progress. I know the Saviour lives, this is His church, and that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know the Book of Mormon is true, and so is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I love you all!! Thanks so much for your letters and your prayers.

P.S. I've attached some photos with the Elders from my zone, and with my mini-mission companion.