Sunday, 30 December 2012

CAMBIOS!! NO CHANGES IN MY COMPANIONSHIP - 17TH DECEMBER 2012



Family!! Thanks so much for writing. You rock.

Dad! How is having Michael home?? That's awesome he did so well. I'll start thinking about BYU stuff. Can you get in contact with Kai and Scott ASAP? I'm curious if they'll still want to room together. They should be finishing their missions soon. I hope the Lyon's family is doing well. I hope and Mum get to serve a mission here in Chile, or at least somewhere where you'll learn Spanish. That would be awesome. Being a missionary is really the best thing ever. Do you have any sweet Christmas plans?? Is there a lot of snow at home right now?? It's pretty weird imagining snow. Are things really stressful at work right before Christmas?? I'm sure you heard about that crazy shooting in Conneticut. A lot of people are talking about it here. My comp thinks they'll change gun laws in the States. Who knows. I hope you have a good week til Christmas! Love ya!

Mum! So Eulalia's husband's not doing so great still. She is though! My package still hasn't arrived. I was expecting it at a conference on Wednesday but it wasn't there. I probably won't get it til after Christmas now unfortunately, but that's ok! Next Monday I'll give you more details on when we can talk. It's only for one hour. When will you be home and available? Who's all gonna be there? Make sure you test out skype beforehand. Also, we're expected to go out and work by 5 that day which should be interesting. Some people are still being ridiculous about the 21st but whatever haha. I'm happy they're getting a baptism in the ward. I would love to work a lot with the missionaries in Calgary after the mission but unfortunately I'll be in BYU. I'll have to see what I can do haha. It sounds like that class you taught was awesome. I think it's true what you said. Our spiritual progress comes from steady consistent progress, almost never from big momentous events. Alma the younger, even after seeing an angel had to fast and pray to receive his testimony.  
Alma 5:45-48
45 And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things whereof I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety?
 46 Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me.
 47 And moreover, I say unto you that it has thus been revealed unto me, that the words which have been spoken by our fathers are true, even so according to the spirit of prophecy which is in me, which is also by the manifestation of the Spirit of God.
 48 I say unto you, that I know of myself that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name.

It's true! Love you Mum!

Michael!! No letter from you again... Hope you're liking being home!! Be sure to behave yourself better than I did when I visited home haha. Love ya!

Charly! Did the ref not get mad at that girl for elbowing you?? That's rude. I forgot you had braces. Are they really annoying?? I remember when I had 2 brackets on my two front teeth at one point cause one of teeth (the now dead one) came in 90 degrees off. It was terrible. I remember I was so sick of having metal stuff in my mouth and so glad to get it out. Now they have some cool clear braces don't they? Or some that can go on the back of your teeth. They probably cost a fortune! Good job winning against Midsun! Do you really like basketball? Do you get a lot of baskets? I never saw you play basketball before. You'll have to show me one day. Love you Charly!!!

Jake! Nice job making the basketball team!! When do you play seeing as Christmas break is coming up? You stoked for Christmas?? I bet you're loving having Michael home. Have any sweet plans of stuff you wanna do together before he leaves? How are you doing with you reading and praying by the way?? Love you!! 

Kenna! I didn't get your picture! I'm glad you enjoyed your sleepover. Are you getting excited for Christmas or what? Christmas is the best time of the year. It's a great time to remember Jesus Christ and try to become better people. I heard your doing some 12 days of Christmas. How's that going?? What do you think you can do this week to help someone have a really good Christmas? I'm excited to see you soon! Love ya!


Family! so I'm really excited to talk to you all next week. That's gonna be a blast. This Christmas is gonna be pretty sweet. President challenged us to all find a family to baptize on Christmas day. It's gonna be so awesome. I'm excited. It's wieird thinking that so much time has passed since the last time I called home. I can't believe it. It makes me sad thinking how fast time flies, but happy knowing I'll get to talk to you.

So we had cambios today which was pretty crazy. Can't believe I've been here so long. So Elder Abbott left yesterday and is going back home. It's gonna be pretty weird without him in the house. We have an Elder named Elder Fuller who was in the office coming in now. It's gonna be sweet. He's super tall. There are quite a few changes happening in the zone. I'm excited to see how things go. I'm really happy to stay with Elder Cardinal. He's hilarious and we get along really well. We've both learned a lot. It looks like I'm gonna be killing him, seeing as he only has 10 weeks left. This cambio now is 7 weeks since they shortened last one to 5 weeks due to Christmas. The following cambio after this one we're starting will be of only 3 weeks because of the MTC schedule change. This will be my second comp I'll kill.

This week we had some great things happen. On Sunday, only one investigator showed up. All the rest of them who had committed didn't pick up or weren't home or had to work or something. On Saturday we got into a house and taught a bunch of people. They were three older women that were sisters with their daughter and her daughters. The daughter, Claudia, lost her husband about a year ago, and they were struggling to get over it. Anyway we taught them, the Spirit was felt, and invited them to baptism and to church. They didn't accept a baptismal date, but accepted baptism. Claudia and her mother Silvia were the most interested. They said they would maybe go to church which normally means no. Anyway, we call Claudia in the morning and she says her daughter's sick and probably can't go, but would try to get there later. Anway, that almost always means that they don't come from my experience. During sacrament, I felt guilty for not having set a very good example in my zone seeing as we didn't have a great week church-wise, but suddenly Claudia walks in with her mum and her daughter! It was a huge blessing. The members in our branch are incredible and helped them feel great. They loved church. I think the Lord was trying to teach me something. It was kind of a friendly reminder that this is His work and He's in control, not us.

So Christmas is coming up soon. It's definitely different having Christmas in the sun, but it's great. On Wednesday we had a conference about Christmas in Talca. It was awesome!!! I talked to some Elders who are in La Florida, my first sector. Camila hasn't been much to church unfortunately. She was my first convert. She had a strong testimony but used to struggle with depression and struggled to fit in so I think fell away cause of that. She'll come back though. Natalia goes sometimes and is getting married soon! Unfortunately, he's not a member. Hopefully she'll be able to bring him into the church. She has a solid testimony of the Book of Mormon though. Jaqueline has severe depression so hasn't gone recently. Ximena, the first investigator I found, is still going often which is great. Carola isn't going, probably because her boyfriend who brought her into the church got into drugs and fell away. The best news I think I heard was of the Contreras family. They were a less active family we reactivated, and we baptized the daughter, Antonia. It was incredible. I heard that about 2 months ago they got sealed in the temple. It was so amazing hearing that. It made me so happy. It's so incredible to see how these people have progressed. I'm sad to know that some people don't make the best choices, but I'm happy that some people do. If you could all pray for my converts it would be great.

I hope this Christmas is a special one for everyone. I hope we can all remember the true meaning of Christmas. Thanks to the ward for sending me the ward letter as well. I love celebrating the Saviour's birth cause it gives us all an opportunity to reflect on our lives and spiritual progression, and make necessary changes. It's an opportunity to reach out and show love to others. I'm grateful for what He did for me and for everyone in the world. I know Jesus Christ is the Savior. I have felt His love and the power of His atonement. I know He is the Son of God. I know that today He has restored His church along with the fulness of the Gospel. I love being a missionary and spreading this message. It's the greatest thing ever. I hope you all have a great Christmas and have a great spiritual experience. I love you all!!

Elder Blomfield