Tuesday, 8 January 2013

HAPPY NEW YEARS - 31 DECEMBER 2012



Hey family!!! Thanks for writing. Sorry to tell you that this week's letter will be shorter... We had to go to Chillán today for mission council and have very little time on new years eve before they shut everything down.

It was great talking to you all at Christmas. It's weird seeing how everyone's grown, but at the same time it feels kinda normal talking to you. It's weird cause it just kinda turns into a normal conversation and I feel like I never get to really express what I want to. It was great though. I love you all so much.

Sounds like that was a huge blessing not having a fire on Christmas! Just the Lord letting us know again that He's in control and watching out for us. I love it.

I can't believe you're gonna go on a cruise!! That'll be a blast. It'll be fun in 2015. I'll just have to make sure I get my beach body by then hahaha. The mission isn't the best way hahaha.

We did find a family after we spoke, but we'll see how they progress. Hopefully we see some miracles!! 

Sounds like Michael got an interesting gift from Mary-Clare... pretty hilarious.

Mike, we have til 10:00 just like every other night, and are gonna be eating with some converts. Advice for the mission? WORK WORK WORK. Also, work for the right reasons. Be open and humble. Study well. PRACTICE TEACHING A TON, every single day at least 20 minutes I would say in your comp study. Getting dropped off at first I felt like a deer in the headlights, but I was so stoked. you'll do a great job.

Hopefully you're feeling better Mum! I'll pray for you.


Sorry for being so rushed. Quickly, in council today I saw Elder Gomez, and he told me about my converts in Chiguayante. They are doing great for the most part. Two other people I taught got baptized!! One I only taught once and had no interest, but apparently had a big turn around!! The other was Priscila's mother, Cecilia. I taught her a bunch and she had a testimony, but struggled to make the decision to get baptized. It was so great to hear. Apparently she has a really strong testimony. It shows how great working with members is. I'm so happy! I got letters from some converts and it made me soo happy. The Torres family is doing great, and Hector (the dad) blessed the sacrament on Sunday. Catherine has gone a bunch to church although Francisco hasn't, but they have fed the missionaries lunch and they ate with them at Christmas which is great. Juana and Susana go, and so does Monserrat, but Kassandra doesn't. As I heard all their spiritual progress it made me so happy. It almost brought tears to my eyes as I saw how the Lord had answered my prayers. There is no greater joy than being an instrument in helping people come unto Christ. I love it so much.

Mission council was interesting this week as some changes were made in the mission. Some of the zone leaders were quite strong in their opinions. The mission is being more strict with the way it counts key indicators and is trying to make the numbers more reflective of what's really happening. It's great. Some missionaries had some weird opinions about it cause they wanted to do even more changes or do it differently and some got quite fired up. It was quite entertaining.

I'll have to tell you about my investigators next week, but pray for Sebastian. He's awesome.

Thanks so much for all your support and love. I love you all! I love being a missionary. Sorry once again for the short letter, I'm in a bit of a rush.

Happy New Years!!

¡Chao!

Elder Blomfield