Monday, 4 March 2013

PRETTY AWESOME WEEK - 18 FEBRUARY 2013



Family!! Sounds like the cruise was a BLAST. Thanks for sending me pictures!!

Dad! Sounds like the holiday was a lot of fun. I'm jealous.I but it was soo cool. That surfing machine looked really cool, as did the zipline. That's so cool about the airplane thing with the people shouting to help you out. That's such a huge blessing!! Hahaha you got the royal treatment. Why is it so complicated getting a visa to be a missionary in the US?

Mum! It sounds like you all had so much fun. That's like my dream holiday. It'll be fun to do it in a few years more. Did you actually buy all the tickets? Didn't you say you were gonna buy an extra one? I'm excited to see where Michael goes on his mission. I'm still praying he comes here. He'll love it. I'm glad I get to serve here in Chile, it's been such a great experience. I definitely wanna visit here later on in life. I would be interested in Moroni's Quest. I think that would be cool! If they need any help or anything let me know. It would be fun. I'd be so out of it though haha. Love ya!!

Michael! I'm sorry about your call not coming. I know how you feel. I remember being where you are. I was so obnoxious about making sure everyone knew how many days more until my mission call arrived. I was so excited. Get ready for Conce. You crowd surfed? Are you nuts? Nice job with your grades my friend. You're gonna outdo me easy. What program?? You're going to American Heritage international?? That's so cheap!! I had to do it with a bunch of Americans and it was way harder!! We get a mix of investigators from referrals and knocking doors. Mostly knocking doors though unfortunately. There's no one teaching style that's better, it's just doing what Preach My Gospel says. I almost always invite to baptism in the first lesson. Yes PJ did serve a mission. In Eastern Europe I think. I'll tell Elder Cardinal to look you up. Love you bro, keep me updated!

Charly! What was your favourite part of the cruise? I'm excited to see more pictures!!! Why did you put an exclamation mark at the end of every sentence?? It makes you sound really excited hahaha. Why did it scare you when the locals came up to you? I'm glad you liked it so much. Love ya!

Jake! It sounds like you guys had so much fun. How was the zipline?? What was your favourite part of the whole cruise?? What did you do with the sea cucumber? What other stuff could you do on the surf machine?? Did you get sea sick at all?? Did your Brazilian friends speak English?? I'm so jealous. Love you Jake!

Kenna! Thanks for your letter. Sounds like you got spoiled by Brad an Mary-Clare!! I'm glad you had fun. What flavor slurpee did you get? I haven't gone on a cruise yet. I'm really jealous! I don't wanna come home yet Kenna!! I did get your picture. Love you Kenna!!


I'm glad everyone loved the cruise so much! And Michael with his midterms haha. I'm so stoked to hear where he gets called to. This week has been pretty sweet. On Sunday we found some really good new investigators which was great. Their names are Mercedes and Isabela. Mercedes's husband died recently, and in the earthquake a few years ago their house fell down. Isabela is her daughter. They were fighting a lot. We were heading close to home on last Sunday night where we usually go by, and I felt like we should turn back and talk to a family that was there that I'd had desires to talk to before. We went back and taught them a little bit. Isabela accepted a baptismal date right away, but Mercedes didn't. They seemed a little discouraged about life. We went by another day, and Mercedes started opening up a little more. The third time, we brought a member and they both committed to coming to church. It was so cool, cause we had taught Mercedes the Restoration and we asked her how she felt as she prayed. She said there was kind of a voice that told her to continue listening to us. The fourth time, Mercedes accepted a baptismal date, and on Sunday, they both went to church. For me it's been a big testimony builder to see how Heavenly Father prepares His children to receive the Restored Gospel. They both have tons of desires to change, and seemed to love church. It was also cool how such a subtle prompting led us to them. It helped me understand the importance of following even the tiny promptings we receive. By the Spirit, the Lord will help us bring about the salvation of His children.

This week's been cool as I've been reading the General Conference talks. They are soooo good!! The underlying theme of conversion has really impacted me in these last few months. It's not enough to know the gospel is the truth. We have to live it for it to become part of who we are and so we can become more like the Saviour. The whole point of the gospel is to put us through a process that will bring us, repentant, back to our Heavenly Father's presence.

It's been an interesting experience being with another dying missionary. Elder Cardinal has done a great job of staying focused and not getting distracted. It must be very stressful for him. We've been able to reflect a lot about the great experiences we have as missionaries. I'm so happy to have this opportunity. Nothing is better in the world. Elder Holland always talks about how his mission means everything to him, and I feel the same. I know I have a lot to learn and improve, but I am so grateful for my mission because it's set the foundation for the rest of my life. It now have it clear where I want to go with life and what kind of person I want to be. I know what my priorities are and I know how to be happy. I can't express how great it is.

Anyway, I hope you all keep sharing the gospel and doing what's right. Keep reading and praying and doing FHE and everything. I'm stoked to see what happens with Michael's mission call!! Love you all!!! The church is true.

¡Chao!

Elder Blomfield