Wednesday, 3 April 2013

HAPPY EASTER! AWESOME WEEK WITH SOME BAD NEWS ........ 2ND APRIL 2013



Hey family! Sorry for not writing yesterday. We had leadership counsel in Chillán, and then after playing soccer with all the zone leaders, we headed back to Linares. As we approached a nearby city called Parral, there was a huge traffic jam. Some corn farmers had started rioting and blocking the roads with stuff and burning tires on the highway. We got to Parral about 45 minutes late. It normally takes 1 hour to get to Linares from there, but we then had to take a different route. We left Chillán at 5:30, and got home at 1:00 in the morning. It was terrible. I didn't get a chance to look at my classes yet either. Anyway, we're home now!

Dad! Transfers are next week. I'm pretty sure I'm out of here, but I have no idea where they're going to send me. Hahaha is my English that bad?? When I speak it it's terrible. I speak Spanglish now. I'm glad you and Mum enjoyed your concert. Were those the first 4 people you've found doing family history?? Sounds pretty cool. Where's Adam O'brien going again? You might have told me before but I don't remember. That's awesome about Sam's mission call! Congrats!! The weather's warming up over there now? How are the Flames doing by the way? I'm glad Grandma and Grandad enjoyed their visit to New York. Sounds like they had a good time. Love you Dad!

Mum! I'm glad your class went well!! Is it still cold outside back home?? That's great you got to paint Grandma and Grandad's house. How are the youth reacting in your classes?? How long do you take during the week to prepare a class? I've signed up for all my classes now. Officially registered. Also, do you know my work schedule for afterwards? Love you Mum!

Michael! This week has been pretty good. It's been pretty crazy though. It's weird as I've been registering for classes and stuff reminded me of the real world. I remember being all stressed out and stuff for tests, especially finals. When are your finals? Sounds like you have a pretty awesome ward. Does everyone go to church or are there less actives? I signed up for a weight training class. That should be fun. You went to the festival of colours?? I heard it's a blast. I was gonna go but I think I slept in or something. When you talk about the members are you talking about the converts? Most of my converts are still active but there are a few who have had difficulties unfortunately. It's always sad hearing that people stop going to church. Still no news on the extension. Any news on your visa? Love you Mike.

Charly! You can't be thinking about dating you're just recently 15!! Haha don't lie to me! Who is it?? I hope you get that job! It sounds like fun. I bet you were sick of fliers hahaha. You're gonna get your patriarchal blessing soon?? That's awesome!! I'm so happy for you. It's gonna be great. It was one of the most spiritual moments I've had in my life. Prepare yourself well for it!! Love you Char!

Jake! You're getting iPhone 4s?? Lucky! What's the difference between the iphone 4 and the iphone 5?? I have no idea about any of that stuff anymore. Your longboard sounds like a lot of fun. Love you Jake!

Kenna! I didn't get that much chocolate haha. Sounds like you did though!! What was your favourite part about Easter? Do you want to be a missionary when you're older? Love you Kenna!

Izaac! I got a few eggs from the Erasmus family which was nice. Sounds like your Easter was awesome! I'm glad you got to learn about Jesus. I hopè you got to remember what Easter's really about! Love you buddy.


So I have some terrible news. I'll start by getting that out of the way. I'm sure you'll all be ecstatic though. We found out in counsel yesterday, that due to the fact that the mission will be getting a new President in July, the church has decided to do transfers two weeks earlier. That means I am now going home on June 18th - the day before Mike reports. That's a total of 5 weeks that have been cut off my mission. These 2 weeks less are only affecting the ones that go home with me, cause the next transfer will be 8 weeks later instead of 6. I can't believe it. I will have honorably served a 23-month mission. Signing up for classes wasn't exactly a good remedy for that either haha. It felt really weird.

Anyway, in the zone, we had a good week and month. As a mission, we baptized more than we have ever baptized before. It was sweet. We had a great counsel. We learned about bringing the Spirit into the lessons by focusing our teaching more on the Restoration. We have to be constantly focused on baptism, but sometimes with that focus the missionaries leave aside our main message to the world, the Restoration. My experience is that when we teach the Restoration, the Spirit is generally much more present, and it helps create that doctrinal and spiritual base for people to accept the invitation to be baptized. It was awesome! It's so cool, cause tons of the things we learned in counsel were things I had been thinking and feeling for a while. That always happens. Some of the scriptures we read there were some I had read and shared with some of my missionaries during the week. It was awesome.

Some good news is that we now got permission church-wide to write to friends and converts by email. If anyone wants to write me through email, go ahead now, cause I can answer. I'm stoked to be able to talk to my converts more.

I'm so excited for General Conference. It's gonna be so awesome. I remember last General Conference really helped me change my perspective on my mission and on my life. It served as a guide when taking decisions. I'm really excited for a similar experience this weekend. It's gonna be great. President promised us that if we bring investigators, they will have a lot more desires to join the church.

So we have transfers next Monday. I'm almost positive I'm out of here. I have no idea where they will send me though.

Thanks for all you do. I love you so much! The mission is the greatest thing ever. I know this is true!!

Keep sharing the gospel.


Elder Blomfield