Sunday, 16 June 2013

27TH MAY 2013 - SEEING SOME PROGRESS



Thanks for writing me everyone!

Dad! That sounds pretty sweet with the oil company. Sounds like things are really progressing. I hope things go well there. How much longer until the horizontal drilling is done? Why does it have to be horizontal? Where have all Mike's friends been staying? In the house? Hahaha that's hilarious about them dying Mike's hair. What were they thinking? That's cool you got to talk to Thomas. Nice work with your plans to invite him to come share with the missionaries! That's what needs to be done. I'm glad to hear that he was able to make that decision and it's so great knowing he trusted you enough to go to talk to you about it. Thomas is really great. Get him baptized before I get back! Love you Dad.

Mum! I'm glad you enjoyed going through the temple with Michael. That's cool he got to go to a different ward and give a talk. Is that a thing with the new stake presidency or something? I bet you're gonna have a blast going to Moroni's Quest. Sounds like a blast. I was choked that I just missed it when I was a youth. I'm glad that lesson went well. I've started to carry around a little booklet all day to write down spiritual promptings and stuff. It's something that I think helps us a lot. I hope Kenna's eye gets better soon. Love you Mum!

Michael! Didn't hear from you this week, but it sounds like you're having a blast with your friends from BYU. When do they go back? What did you do all week? How goes the prep for the mission? Hope everything's going well bud. Enjoy the time you have at home while it lasts. Don't worry though, mission life is much better. Love you bro.

Charly! Didn't hear from you either. I hope you're doing well. How's school going? Seminary? Love ya!

Jake! Same thing. I hope you're doing well! Love you bud.

Kenna! I hope your eye gets better soon. Does it hurt? I hope you're doing well. Love ya!

Izaac! Nice job riding your bike with Mum. Love you bud.


We're starting to see some progress in our sector and in the zone, but we still have a lot more to do. Manuel and Alejandra are doing pretty great, although Alejandra couldn't go to church cause her dad's been in the hospital due to a brain hemmorage. We have a lot of hope for them.

Manuel is doing great. He seems to be really taking everything seriously that we share with him, and he seems to be progressing spiritually quite a lot as well. I feel a lot of love for him and his wife Pamela. It's cool how as we share the gospel with people, we start to feel a special bond with them. I feel that with my converts too. I think it's cause we get to see them in some of the most important moments of their lives. We see them have a sort of awakening and get a front row seat on their conversion process. We get to see their hearts and countenances change, and there is nothing greater than that. Anyway, Manuel is reading the Book of Mormon and feels peace as he reads it. He's told other people from other religions he's going to church and stuff and they've given him a hard time, but he's doing a good job and following what he feels. He seems really committed to keep going to church every week. In gospel principles class this week we talked about exaltation which was pretty deep and he had some pretty good questions, but he still seems like he's doing pretty well. Pray for him!

Alejandra is also doing great. We haven't seen her much cause her dad's been sick, but she accepted to live the word of wisdom and the law of chastity. The only struggle is with coffee. She opened up a bunch this week and told us of the problems she's been having with her husband and how it's been quite a trial for her. She's been separated from him before, and he doesn't really support her going to church and everything. She was gonna get baptized this upcoming Saturday, but because she didn't go to church, she can't yet. I think she'll get baptized on the 8th along with Manuel.

We're trying to work more with the members but we're struggling a bit to get the members to go and talk to the referrals they give us. Sometimes the members struggle to open their mouths or simply don't feel the urgency of sharing the gospel. I understand though, cause before the mission it was definitely difficult to randomly start up a gospel conversation with friends. I think we just want to help them strengthen their faith and be bold with committing them to talk to their friends. The church will grow much faster and stronger if the members are the source of investigators.

This week we had a little training meeting with the Zone Leaders from Tomé for the Stake's ward mission leaders. We talked about their responsibilities, the importance of meetings, the ward mission plan, and the progress report we use. It was pretty sweet. I hope it gives some results.

I love the Book of Mormon. We're reading it everyday still and I love it! I wish I could read it more sometimes. I've learned so much by reading it. I think more than anything this time I've learned a lot from the righteous examples of the leaders and prophets in the Book of Mormon. Right now I'm reading about Alma the younger. It's so cool how he was converted and dedicated his entire life to serving others and serving the Lord. It strengthens my faith in the Lord cause as I read about the miracles the people in the Book of Mormon saw, I think, "why can't we have miracles too?".

This week I've been thinking a lot about my level of dedication and my service as a missionary. It's weird knowing how much time has passed, and it's a motivation to work hard knowing their isn't much time left. I feel like more than ever I just want to do what the Lord wants and to make Him happy. This needs to be the most miraculous and successful part of my mission. I know the Lord is going to bless us. As I've thought a lot about my level of conversion and consecration to the Lord. I think that how a missionary works at the end of his mission reflects how much he really loves the Lord. 

I read a talk this week about being a consecrated missionary. It talked about some really cool concepts, and about how to be truly consecrated to the Lord we need to put everything on the line. It talked about a few things we need to give up. It talked about giving up all our fears. We need to eliminate any fear or laziness that stops us from opening our mouths to share the gospel. He said sometimes we're so worried about offending people that we forget about saving them. It also talked about closing our hearts to girls and stuff. Obviously that stuff isn't acceptable for a missionary. It also talked about giving up any level of disobedience or laziness, no matter how big or small. It also talked about giving up our pride and our personal interests. It was cool to read and reflect about. I wanna make sure I give everything I've got the time I have left. I love the Lord, and after all He's done for me, giving it my all is all I can do.

I know this is the truth. I know it. I'm so grateful for the Lord's patience, and for the mercy He's had by giving me this opportunity to serve as a missionary. There is nothing I'd rather be doing. I love being here so much. I'm SOO glad I extended. I'd be freaking out right now if I hadn't.

I love you all! Keep sharing the gospel!

Elder Blomfield




Inline image 1